Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mixed News and Kindergartner Wisdom

The very, very good news is the biopsies are all benign.

Alhamdulillah.

For you white folk not married to brown folk, that means something like Praise God.

Praise God, indeed.

Now, when I look at those ugly scars, they seem to say,

Cancer doesn't live here.

Beautiful scars, indeed.

The mixed part is The Boy is back in the hospital. Things just kept going downhill after Cops, episode 2 on Friday. I would like to say we are getting there, but we aren't really. And my heart is aching. But life doesn't stop.

The Kindergartner told her pediatrician during her wellness exam this week,

I have to keep my body moving. It hurts when I stay still.

I think my children may have taught me this. You have to keep moving. No matter how hard and how scary life gets. Stagnation won't solve anything. Walk, skip, wiggle, dance! Just keep moving.

The Kindergartener asked me today,

When you are a mother, do you understand? Do you know what you are doing?

Wow. I didn't want her to lose all confidence in me by admitting I haven't the faintest clue what I am doing a good lot of the time. But I think that is okay. I think in order to listen to your instincts, learn and grow, one cannot be burdened with always knowing everything.

I don't really know where I am going, and I don't really know what I will do when I get there. But I fully intend to dance all the way there.


3 comments:

  1. YEAH BENIGN!!!!!!
    What a precious little kindergartener you have. She's a thinker, an observer, a ponderer, isn't she?
    So sorry things didn't go better with the Boy. I pray you find an answer, or at least some improvement, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Appreciate the prayers so, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather. I'm so relieved to hear the biopsies are benign. Thank goodness. And I will be sending special prayers for the health of your son. I love your phrase "I fully intend to dance all the way there." Keep moving forward with the grace and humor I hear in your words.
    Blessings to you and your beautiful family.
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete