Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Christmas Miracle

I think we are on day two of the Christmas break from school.  The weekend counts, right?  I am totally uncertain how we are going to make it another TEN days.  I think it might go something like this:

On the first day of Christmas, my true loves sent to me...
12 huge messes in each room
11 fights over TV
10 hours of crying
9 bedtime refusals
8 full on tantrums
7 I didn't do it 's
6 why? why?! WHY?! 's
5 I poooooped my pants
4 I don't eat salad
3 I want more cake
2 Mom are you crying?
And a headache as big as a pear tree.

So where were we?  

Ah yes.  Day two.  

We spent the first half of the day working with The Boy as he ruminated over his latest obsession, Link of The Legend of Zelda.  We don't have video games at home right now, but that does not stop him from getting very serious about these characters.  Since he can't play the game, he might as well dress up like the main character.  Or so his logic goes.  Don't get me wrong.  Nothing wrong with costume design or craft projects like cutting up a perfectly good green shirt and sewing it back together as a hat while crying out every 3 seconds "Ow!  Mom help! Can't you just do it for me? Ow! Mom!"  Of course then, he wants to wear it all over the neighborhood and is super excited that his too small gray thermals look "just like tights".  I am a little worried that he will get made fun of which would be bad. And punch the teaser which would be worse. So I take a picture, hoping he will see the head to toe effect and realize he looks like he fell off of Santa's sleigh. 

I snap this:




And he says,

"That. Is. So. Awesome."

My sweet, sweet boy.

Oh well. 

Fortunately there was no teasing, and no punching. 

A Christmas Miracle, if you ask me.

5 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts! Are you surviving??? The end is near. No, not the year's end. The Winter Break's end!

    I've been sick...big surprise there. :P I may need to scream (hoarsely) Happy New Year at 8pm so I can go to bed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, Thanks for commenting on my blog. I didn't mean to frighten you. :-( But having been down this road, I hope you'll come back if you're frustrated or want to know what we experienced. We can all get through this if we do it together!

    Big, warm hugs,

    Chrisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! When I first pulled this up I thought he dressed up as Peter Pan.
    I hope the break is going swimmingly for you all. If nothing else, at least, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, for your sake, less than five poopy pants to change.

    I've been thinking about you, wondering how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That. Picture. Is. So. Awesome.
    Love, sis

    ReplyDelete